“I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth— Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord” Psalm 40:1-3.
In these verses of Scripture, can you see the process we need to follow:
1. “I waited patiently for the Lord”: It did not happen with a once quick prayer. It took some character development here. Perseverance is the key! He will not let us go through more than what we can endure.
2. “He inclined to me”: After you can’t go no further, He inclines. He bends over to your level, and He reaches out. He knows when it is enough.
3. “And Hears my cry”: He whispers in your ears, ‘I will never leave you no forsake you’, through the fire and through the storm, I will be with you.’ Hold on tight.
4. “He also brought me up out of the horrible pit, out of the miry clay”: After you waited for a long time, after He eventually–in His own perfect timing–inclined to you, after He heard your cry, He then, and only then, brings you out of that situation, out of that horrible experience, out of circumstances that you were bound to. And the beauty of all is in the next step…
5. “Set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps”: He does not leave you where you are, He loves you too much! He will restore, renew, re-establish, re-empower, and forgive you. Then, after He gives you a new beginning, He then…
6. “He has put a new song in my mouth”: He will give you a new song, a song of deliverance, a song that only you can sing because of what you have gone through. A song of Praises to God, Hallelujah! He will give you a song so that whoever hears it, or sees it, will trust the only true and living God.
7. “Many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord”: Every time you sing that song in your own life, every time you share that song with others, whether audibly or silently, let me tell you, many will SEE it and Fear Him, not because she or he is afraid of God– no, it is because of the evidence of His existence and power to change and restore can not be hidden. There is nothing else they can do but to put their TRUST in God.
Go through the process and take the steps. It may be painful, uncomfortable, inconvenient, and in your eyes, seemingly impossible, but when God is done with you, He will give you that song! A very unique song, with lyrics that only God has given you to describe the new you. That song will be a reminder of your journey, it will be the source of your joy and it will bring others to know and love Him. Let’s sing it!
Prayer: My Father God, I receive Your word to me, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
A sincere thanks to our Contributing Devotional Writers.
To give into Daughters of the King International Ministries, Inc., click here. May God bless you in abundance. Love, The DOTK Family