“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalms 139:23,24
Some people pray for deliverance from drug or alcohol addiction. Some cry out for freedom from sexual sin. We all have areas that God will shine His loving light on so that we can be truly free to serve Him. One day God revealed to me that I needed deliverance from codependency.
- Having difficulty making decisions in relationships
- Having difficulty identifying my own feelings and communicating
- Having difficulty valuing the approval of others more than valuing myself
- Lacking trust in myself and having poor self-esteem
- Having fears of abandonment and an obsessive need for approval
- Having an unhealthy dependence on relationships, even at my own cost
- And having an exaggerated sense of responsibility for the actions of others
But God. He took me by the hand and led me in the cleft of a rock in my spiritual walk with Him. I got alone with God and over the course of two months He broke the power of codependency off of my life. I found myself in Him. He gave me my life back and I am so blessed to say that I am totally free. And what He has done for me He will do for you. Do you believe that?
So often we stay on the surface with God because we don’t want Him peering into the crevices of our heart. Who knows what He will find, right? But if we desire to be vessels unto honor fit for the Master’s use, some pruning, deliverance and revealing of His truth will need to take place. Our prayers must be as the Psalmist David, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” God wants to shine His light on every area in your heart that’s keeping you in bondage. Not to shame you, but to free you so that He can be glorified in your life.
Prayer: Search me oh God. Try my heart. Reveal to me what’s not like You and lead me in Your way. I know You love me. I know You love me. I know…You love me. Deliver me God. I trust You with my life. I trust You with my heart. I yield to Your Holy Spirit and no other spirit do I yield to. I ask that You be glorified in me. In Jesus name, Amen.Read More